Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Meet our new Americorps member!


Myself, Cassie and our newest volunteer, Elizabeth, in the State St. Garden
Hi! My name is Natalie! I'm the new Americorps member here at the Gardens Project. After making the trek from the Midwest out here to the great state of California I am excited to explore life in Ukiah and be a part of the Gardens Project. I can already tell its going to be a busy year! I dove right in this past Sunday by helping out at the annual Homegrown Community Garden Tour   -the perfect orientation to some of the beautiful community gardens here in town. I got to meet many of the great people who manage and work in the gardens and I am already looking forward to helping out with the next big event: Run the Ranch on September 30th. Ukiah is beautiful and I am looking forward to hiking, biking, climbing and exploring the coast here. Hope to meet you soon!

No comments: